Monday, February 28, 2011

E-portfolio

Why have you chosen to complete an e-portfolio?
I am going to create an e-portfolio for my final project. I have chosen this project because I like the idea of having all the things that portray me as a teacher in one easy to access place. I think that having this e-portfolio as I begin my internship will help me reflect during the process because I will be able to continuously update it as my experience grows.

What professional uses does an e-portfolio have for you?
 I have realized how much I value technology as a teacher and I would like to incorporate it as much as possible in my career and teaching strategies. Professionally I would like to have an e-portfolio as a supplementary tool when I apply for a job. I think that it will provide evidence of my desire to use technology during my career.

What content do you plan to include?
I would like to include a brief outline of who I am, my education and accomplishments, my teaching philosophy, lesson plans, unit plans, volunteer experience and my resume. I think that as I begin to create this e-portfolio the content I plan to include may change as I reflect on this process.

 What graphic design considerations have you taken into account for the look of your e-portfolio?

Title-HomeQuotes
About MeEducationTeaching PhilosophyVolunteer ExperienceResumeReflectionCertification
HobbiesDegree Unit and Lesson PlansCoaching Experience
Referencespdf. files of various certificates
Paintings-Sports?Example of student work?

For my e-portfolio I would like to have a title at the top right that is on every page that links to the home page. The navigation bar will be at the top where each main category will have a drop down section that leads to corresponding headings and the documents. I want to have a simple layout that is easy to follow and is visually appealing with some pictures.

What concerns do you have about the process? How do you plan to address these concerns?
I am concerned about how much time will be needed to accomplish this project. I also feel like I do not have a lot of documents to include because I have not done my internship yet. I am also concerned about the site uploading properly when I need it. I will address the issue of time by creating weekly deadlines for myself and by setting aside a specific amount of time each week to accomplish this assignment. Even though I do not have a lot of documents to include I will include what I can and anticipate the inclusion of other material at a later date. For the technical components that I am concerned about I will need to seek help from my peers, family, friends, and anyone willing to help me.

1 comment:

  1. Krystelle

    Good overview of why you want to to create a page. The layout you have chosen makes sense. I know it is difficult to create a portfolio when you do not have much material. What you will have is a great start and the ability to collect and reflect during your internship and other teaching opportunities. Have you thought about the visual design beyond the framework of each page such as colour schemes and other graphical details?

    Jay

    ReplyDelete